Battle Scars
Thursday, November 29, 2012, ϟ
Hope the wound heals but it never doesThat’s cause you at war with loveYou at war with love, yeah
These battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayThey ain’t never gonna changeThese battle
Love…Never let a wound ruin meBut I feel like ruins wooing meArrow holes, they never close from cupid on a shooting spreeFeeling stupid cause I know it ain’t no you and meBut when you’re trying to beat the odds upand tryin to keep your nods upyou know that you should knowAnd let her goBut the fear of the unknownHolding another lover strongSends you back into the zoneWith no Tom Hanks to bring you homeA lover not a fighterOn the frontline with a poemTrying to write yourself a rifleMaybe sharpen up a songTo fight the tanks & drones of you being alone
I wish I never looked, I wish I never touchedI wish that I could stop loving you so muchCoz I’m the only one that’s trying to keep us togetherWhen all of the signs say that I should forget herI wish you weren’t the best, the best I ever hadI wish that the good outweighed the badCause it’ll never be over,it'll never be overuntil you tell me it’s overuntil you tell me it's overThese battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayThey ain’t never gonna changeThese battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayThey ain’t never gonna changeThese battle
Then just leave thenYou shouldn’t have but you said itAnd I hope you never come backIt shouldn’t have happened but you let itNow you’re down on the ground screaming medicThe only thing that comes is the post-traumatic stressesShields, body armours and vests don’t properly workThat’s why you’re in a locker full of hurtThe enemy within and all the fires from your friendsThe best medicine is to probably just let her win
I wish I couldn’t feelI wish I couldn’t loveI wish that I could stop cause it hurts so muchso muchAnd I’m the only one that’s trying to keep us togetherWhen all of the signs say that I should forget herI wish you weren’t the best, the best I ever hadI wish that the good outweighed the badCause it’ll never be over,can never be overuntil you tell me it’s overuntil you tell me it's overThese battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayThey ain’t ever gonna changeThese battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayThey ain’t ever gonna changeThese battleCause you’ve set me on fire fireI’ve never felt so alive, yeah
Now, hoping wounds heal, but it never doesThat’s because you’re at war with love
And I’m at the point of breaking uh-huhAnd it’s impossible to shake it
Yeah,seeYou hoped the wound heals, but it never doesThat’s cause you at war with loveHope it heals, but it never doesThat’s cause you at war with love
These battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayneverThey ain’t ever gonna changeneverThese battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayneverThey ain’t ever gonna changeneverThese battle scars, don’t look like they’re fadingDon’t look like they’re ever going awayThey ain't ever gonna changeThese battle
new past
